Internet Speed Test
Updated 10 January 2023
Check your internet speed in seconds with our internet speed test and find out how fast it really is.
What do the different speeds mean?
Your internet connection speed is typically measured in megabits per second (Mbps). This is the amount of data that can be transferred in a second. Once you have a result from the tool above, here is what it means:
- 0-10 Mbps: This speed is considered slow and may not be suitable for streaming video or playing online games.
- 10-25 Mbps: This speed is sufficient for basic internet usage, such as browsing the web and checking email, but may not be sufficient for streaming high-definition video.
- 25-50 Mbps: This speed is good for most internet activities, including streaming high-definition video and online gaming.
- 50-100 Mbps: This speed is suitable for heavy internet usage, such as streaming 4K video, online gaming, and downloading large files.
- 100+ Mbps: This speed is suitable for extremely heavy internet usage, such as streaming multiple 4K videos simultaneously and online gaming with multiple players.
How do I interpret the results of an internet speed test?
Here are some things to consider when interpreting the results of an internet speed test:
- Compare the results to the speed that you are paying for. If the test results are significantly lower than the speed you are paying for, you may have an issue with your internet connection.
- Consider the type of activities you will be using the internet for. If you plan on streaming video or playing online games, you will need a faster connection than just browsing the web and checking email.
- Keep in mind that the speed of your internet connection may be affected by various factors, such as the distance to the nearest router, the age of your device, and the type of device you are using.